Wednesday 2 July 2014

Self Evaluation

In this blog post I will be talking about my final logo and the splash art I made on photoshop over the course of my first year, I will take you through my thought processes and how I came to deciding my final logo/splash art design.

When we first starting making our logo's we were provided with a grid containing many different squares to design logo on. I was very unsure what to base my logo on and a theme for me logo. I tried different techniques including stamping and using the different tools available on photoshop. I made a lot of designs using the stamp tool, including stamps of minions and different football players. These were poor and didn't have any quality.


Next I played around with the different stamps that were already on photoshop, these weren't any more successful, this was because I still didn't have a them that i wanted to create my logo on.

After using the stamps i decided i wanted to base my logo about the football team i support, Portsmouth FC. I did this by looking at previous badges to try and influence my logo, but instead i ended up just making numerous different stamps of my favorite players.

One success from playing around with the different stamps available is i found a splash image which i put my initials on. This got me looking into different splash images, when i came across many different skulls which i liked. I looked at different types of skull from humans to a range of different animals. I finally found a scull that i liked and decided to make one for myself and put my initials on each horn to put my own spin on it.

After going for a skull for my logo I decided to choose to put my designs into a medieval theme. I decided to search the internet for medieval background involving castles and different battles with a castle in the background as this is what i wanted to base my splash art on.

I started my splash art by getting a picture of a battle outside of a house and messing around with it and changing a range of different settings including the image saturation settings etc, this eventually led me on to my final splash art design. I thought i had decided on my final splash art design when i edited this picture of a castle that i found on and i had edited to have a different sky colour and made the castle look more medieval. I also had my log placed on the castle with some writing around it. I decided after a while of thinking about it that something was just not quite right, i played around with it and couldn't figure what i didn't like about it.

I went onto Google images and saw a images which was half heaven and half hell. I decided that i would like to do this with my castle picture except with good and evil, and that's how i came up with my final splash art image.



No comments:

Post a Comment